Selling a business can be a challenge to find that perfect buyer. There are several important steps:
- Computing a fair valuation to determine a price that will sell.
- Preparing a presentation with detailed descriptions and financials.
- Confidentially advertising to the marketplace.
- Negotiations for a favorable price, terms, and a host of other items.
- Working with the right attorneys to get the transaction closed.
It is recommended that business owners work with a business broker/intermediary to help them through this challenging and sometimes complex journey.